Digital Transformation in Advanced Manufacturing: An Integral Training Curriculum for EU technicians to deploy and manage digital tools in Smart Manufacturing or DTAM in short, is a three-year Sector Skills Alliances in VET project, funded by the Erasmus+ program of the EU.
The DTAM project comes in answer to an ever-increasing need for the upskilling and reskilling of technical workers and students in the EU to help improve their employability in a skills intensive fast evolving labour market i.e. advanced manufacturing (AM). The project will also address multiple other needs which have recently became even more evident because of developments such as the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath. Among those needs are the (1) digital and technical skills mismatches in demand and supply of labour, (2) demand for sector-tailored industrial workers, (3) lack of recognized VET programs on the topic and a practical training through access to developed IoT (remote) labs and WBL and last but not least (4) the need for an updated training for low or under-skilled adult workers threatened by replacement or obsolescence due to technological advances.
Therefore, DTAM will deliver a new curriculum in digital transformation dedicated to the quality training of mid-high-level technicians in key enabling technologies for Advanced Manufacturing. The curriculum will help grow a workforce of technicians capable of understanding, installing, configuring, monitoring, analysing, transferring data and maintaining digital systems in advanced manufacturing environments and thus, meet a critical skills gap in EU Industry 4.0 while addressing partners’ regional RiS3s.
The project is set to achieve this through the following key activities:
- DTAM teaching methodology and training program. The partnership will create a Digital Transformation Skills Index in the field of digital transformation, a training methodology and a training curriculum, including a dedicated Trainer’s manual.
- Preparation of DTAM Training course. In this key project activity, learning materials will be developed together with a dedicated online learning platform and a tool for self-assessment of digital and transversal skills. Possible training topics are: digital skills, cybersecurity, transversal competencies, cloud technologies, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data. The training course will be available in 6 national languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Greek and Bulgarian.
- Creating a DTAM IoT Hub. The idea behind this activity is based on the need to have a centre for sustainable cooperation for various stakeholders, including students and teachers, entrepreneurs and professionals developing IoT products and services, buyers from private organizations or public administration, and end users. Creating the DTAM IoT hub, will allow access to training content and materials to both national and international stakeholders.
- Pilot testing. Prior to the official presentation of the DTAM training course, a pilot test will be conducted to validate the training methodology, the training curriculum and the training content.
Coordinator of the DTAM project is POLITEKNIKA IKASTEGIA TXORIERRI S.COOP (Spain) partnering with a total of 10 other organisations from 5 European countries:
- SARENET, S.A. (SPAIN)
- ASSOCIACION DE INDUSTRIAS DE CONOCIMIENTO Y TECNOLOGIA – GAIA (SPAIN)
- ASSOCIACION ESPAÑOLA DE FABRICANTES DE MACHINAS-HERRAMIENTA, SU (SPAIN)
- ASSOCIACION BASQUEGAME ASSOCIACION VASCA DE EMPRESAS DEL SECTOR (SPAIN)
- STICHTING REGIONAL OPLEIDINGENCENTRUM ZUID-HOLLAND ZUID (NETHERLANDS)
- APRO FORMAZIONE S.C.A.R.L. (ITALY)
- AINTEK SYMVOULOI EPICHEIRISEON EFARMOGES YPSILIS TECHNOLOGIAS (GREECE)
- ATLANTIS ENGINEERING AE (GREECE)
- PANEPISTIMIO PATRON (GREECE)
- RUSE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY (BULGARIA)
Find out more about them in the Partners section of this website.
We invite you to take part in the project and get notified about its activities by subscribing for the official DTAM project newsletter here.
Should you have any queries related to the DTAM project, please feel free to reach us via the contact form.
Spread the word: #DTAMproject #upskillingyourfuture