Our partners at AFM have been quite busy and have recently finalized a series of projects, 6 to be exact, as part of the Innovative Corporate Groups scheme (AEIs). They’ve collaborated with 16 companies and research centers who took part in the projects, mobilizing a budget of over 3.5 million euros.
The projects developed were as follows:
· AEMAQ – Viability study for collaborative projects between companies in the aerospace and machine tool sectors
The overall aim of this viability study is to prepare a project proposal that provides collaboration opportunities enabling companies from the machine tool and aerospace sectors to be more competitive and boost turnover in collaborative projects through research and development of safe and interoperable technologies.
Participating entities: AFM, HEGAN
· AI4MACHINES- Research in Technologies based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and to develop new solutions in advanced manufacturing equipment with real-time prescription and self-adjustment.
The main objective of the AI4MACHINES project is to research and develop technologies around Artificial Intelligence to incorporate them into machine tools.
Participating entities: AFM, IBARMIA, ONA, SARIKI, TECNALIA, ZAYER
The main goal is to develop a SW solution (flexible and competent multi-platform post-processor) that is valid for the vast majority of CAD/CAM software on the market and for the main machine tool manufacturers.
Participating entities: AFM, AVANTEK, CORREA, IBARMIA
· FOAMLAR – Circular Economy in Foam: Platform of Digital Products and Services to promote the Circular Economy in the Flexible Polyurethane market
The aim of FOAMLAR is to develop a new family of digital products/services that include physical devices and applications that will support the user on the basis of know-how that IPF has been generating over the years and, at the same time, enable the user to create its own knowledge base relating to the foam production processes at its own factory.
Participating entities: AFM, IPF, SAVVY DATA SYSTEMS
· LMDCHAIN – Research into LMD additive technologies for their impact on the generation of new industrial processes geared towards the creation of value in the manufacture and recovery of critical machine components and generation of new advanced digital services
LMDCHAIN seeks to unify the manufacturing value chain in order to bring digital LMD technology to real machine part manufacturing and repair processes, generating new opportunities, savings and environmental benefits with a series of innovative solutions that will enable additive technologies to be developed in Spain.
Participating entities: AFM, IZADI, MACARBOX, TALENS
· TOR40 – Integration of the digital identity to create advanced value-added services for the machine tool sector
The main aim of the project is to maximise the productivity of the machines by following Lean Digital Manufacturing premises. The aim is to manufacture Smart Machines that can operate in “Smart Factories”, creating new Industry 4.0 services (“Smart Services”) for maintainability and usability geared towards the machine tool sector.
Participating entities: AFM, GEMINIS, TALLERES PARAMIO, ZITU
The role of AFM Cluster in these projects has been to guarantee proper disclosure and dissemination of the results, as well as to analyse their paths of exploitation. It also undertook secretarial and project monitoring tasks.
Are you interested in any of these projects? Would you like to collaborate with our partners at AFM or would like to join their network? Please email Josu Riezu at email@example.com to get started.
Interested in even further collaboration with us? Have a look at our Partners section to learn more about the organizations behind the DTAM project and get an opportunity to reach out for further collaboration opportunities.